So as you guys know I struggle with depression I’m not always the happiest chicken alive. Sometimes I’m happy go lucky and easily pleased and other times I struggle to find interest in anything. I’m thought I’d go about this by just listing a couple things that I usually enjoy and might try to do to get me out of a moody rut!
- Reading, I literally love to read
- Candles, especially smells like clean cotton
- Tea and biscuits
- My mummabear💕 Even if I do snap at her when I’m feeling down
- Memes. Sometimes you just need a good meme from an even better friend to bring a smile to your face!
- Trashy TV such as Come Dine With Me and Four in a Bed
- New makeup, especially highlighters. This sounds really insignificant but sometimes when I’m in a bad place with my depression I end up spending more money than is sensible but that’s another story for another day
- Watching music videos of live performances on YouTube with my dad
- Cooking with my flatmate, we love to make Mexican dishes
- Watching old comedy shows I’ve seen a million times like Peep Show, The IT Crowd & The Mighty Boosh
- Sweeties! I have the biggest sweet tooth ever 🍭
Let me know what little tricks you guys utilise to pick yourselves up!